Meijer - Would not allow me to return unopened wine

I purchased 6 bottles of Lemon Moscato (Lemonchatta) wine for the family Christmas get-together, but due to an unforeseen tragedy in the family the party was cancelled.I took the wine back to Meijer Store on Illinois Rd in Fort Wayne, IN with receipt in hand in hopes of returning it, but was told alcohol is not returnable due to state law.

Needless to say, I was more than disappointed!!

I am not a wine drinker, so this is definitely a purchase that will go to waste.I wish this policy was reiterated during alcohol purchases...especially if a consumer is purchasing several bottles.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Unable to return wine

Reason of review:
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Lemonchatta Lemon Moscato
Review category
Food Stores
review #756794

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Meijer? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 4 No 4
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 20 #1162065

How is it meijers fault that you can't return the bottle of wine? They are abiding by a law that is made by US government. Are you just too self-aware and self-centered ??

2 0 Reply

Feb 16 #1112795

I am sorry but no store can return wine opened or un opened it would be unlawful to do so the same goes for cics. I am sorry for you're lose. But a store can lise there licenses and the person can get fires if they did return the wine.

Jan 25 #1100596

Give it as a gift, or save it for your next party. There's not really much they can do if it is state law. I'm sure there return policy is posted or available somewhere in the store. Surely you can see how ridiculous it is to expect them to tell every customer the specific return policy on every item they are buying just in case.

Jan 14 #1094521

And you are complaining about Meijer because they obey State laws? You are a cheap *** ***.

Jan 19 #1097087

Not only that but they seem more disappointed in not getting a refund than the tragic event that happened to their family member.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.