map-marker Detroit, Michigan

Meijer Card

Meijer,

I have been a loyal Meijer customer and mPerks member for more than 15 years. During that time, I have used Meijer as my primary store for groceries and pharmacy and household items.

From the Rolling Meadows IL store when I lived near Chicago, to the South Haven and Kalamazoo locations in Michigan where I live now. I have been mostly always a satisfied and loyal customer.

No more.

I received a letter from Meijer/Citibank this week regards the startlingly absurd increase and APR for the Meijer credit card to almost 35%. I generally do have a balance on my card month-to-month; I can afford the interest rate, but going forward choose not to do so. Many people cannot afford it, but may feel trapped in doing so.

For groceries, which are a need not a luxury!

I will have a zero balance on my Meijer card by the end of this month. I will also be destroying the card.

The APR is sad and pathetic, and actually makes me a bit angry. Meijer should feel ashamed for such gouging of customers.

Also, please dont blame it on Citibank policy; this is a Meijer credit card and so is MEIJER policy. It also makes me wonder about price-gouging in general by Meijer.

From my go-to store, Meijer is now my last resort store behind Aldi, Costco, Hardings/Family Fare (local chains) and even Walmart.

Found this on-line (NerdWallet):

As of January 12, 2024, the Meijer credit card has a variable purchase APR of 34.24%, which is more than 10 percentage points higher than the average APR on interest-accruing credit cards in November 2023.

For shame.

I will be sharing all this on all the social media sites I am active in, and let family and friends know.

Good luck to you.

Robert (Tom) Zielinski

361** **th St.

Bangor, MI 49013

847-630-****

rtomz@***.net

User's recommendation: Stay away.

Rae R Jfn

KILLING & TORTURING BETTA FISH

Original review Apr 08, 2024

See the photos. They speak for themselves.

You WAY overcharge for these fish that you let sit and die on the shelves. Employees refused to adopt out the obviously sick and dying fish. How many different colors of fungus do you see growing in the cups in these photos? The water isn't even filled YOUR designated "fill line." You don't make money on dead fish, so why!?

I'm irate and disgusted. I don't want more fish, but I WOULD adopt them to save them from the *** you put them through. Meijer Corp continues to go downhill - GREED. Prices keep going up, costumer service and satisfaction keep going down.

It is a damn shame.

Do better.

Be better. Fred would be disappointed.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Many locations
Cons:
  • Unethical live fish conditions

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don't buy fish here.

| map-marker Sterling Heights, Michigan

Terrible quality

Meijer - Terrible quality
Meijer - Terrible quality - Image 2
Meijer - Terrible quality - Image 3
Meijer - Terrible quality - Image 4
Meijer - Terrible quality - Image 5
Meijer - Terrible quality - Image 6
We recently purchased their chicken thighs. There was so much skin tucked underneath that there is absolutely no way it is all part of the thigh. The extra skin weighed 1.282 lbs. Some of it was real thick. Some pieces didn't even resemble a thigh. Prices are high, quality is bad, I can't afford to throw most of our purchase in the trash. Feeling ripped off and cheated right now. Also requiring people to buy 2 or more to get the sale price is totally wrong. Consumers keep you in business, why are you screwing everyone?
Finn M Sow

| map-marker Flint, Michigan

Employee complaint

Meijer - Employee complaint

At the Lansing meijer distribution factory theres a meijer driver under the name of either bill crofts or William crofts, under the zip code of 48808 living at somersetpark apartments. This worker for quite some time has been taking family medical leave and other days off just to get drunk.

He is an alcoholic there is literally nothing wrong with the family member that hes taking fmla for, and when he takes Fmla hes not even going to the family members house, hes going to get drunk. Hes a drunk.

I would like my identity to keep anonymous and please release an investigation on your worker. It is not fair for your other employees that hes going to get drunk.

User's recommendation: Don’t hire drunks.

Guest

If he’s out on FMLA, he’s not getting paid and only hurting himself. Mind your own business.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2508808

No I’m not minding my business, and he’s not just hurting himself he’s out on fmla robbing my family of money so no I’m not going to mind my own business, why don’t you mind your own cause you clearly have no damn idea of this situation

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2508831

Look, he’s not cheating Meijer. If this is a personal matter it has no business here. Not collecting a salary whether out on FMLA or not having a job doesn’t change the situation.

View more comments (2)
Chris B Xjc

| map-marker Sterling Heights, Michigan

I was drugged at one of your stores

Meijer - I was drugged at one of your stores

Yes this is becoming a very serious problem at the Meijer store in Fraser Michigan where I am being drugged by the sheriff pony wickersham and his undercover goon squad, this is no secret around here everybody knows what's going on and what's happening to me in this county even the Frazier Police department knows about this which makes it difficult for me to call them and tell him that I just been drugged in that store from a product that I have bought in that the sheriff and his goons put inside the ketchup that I bought there on February 28th this is a criminal act and a felony being committed against me by the sheriff and that store and the management and probably corporate knows all about this and has no business whatsoever letting these people in that store to put the drugs in my ketchup before I buy it which is completely insane, I've already contacted corporate before on this issue and nothing was done about it at all I have contacted the department of Justice and filed complaints and the State attorney general in Michigan and filed complaints and it is still happening this is definitely a legal issue you need to straighten out immediately before it gets out of hand thank you do your job and make sure this doesn't happen to me a good customer ever again at that store

Guest

You are a nut and deserve to be locked up for everyone's safety.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2509158

Putting drugs in my food is a criminal offense and a felony you're the *** nut and you're going to be the one who gets locked up my friend have a nice day

View more comments (1)
jackie i Rwd

Complaint

Meijer - Complaint
Meijer - Complaint - Image 2
Meijer - Complaint - Image 3
I bought a 16oz bag of cheddar cheese. I got it home and noticed it had mold growing in it. The sale-by date is June of 2024

Preferred solution: Full refund

DIANNA N Foq

| map-marker Glendale Heights, Illinois

Complaint

compliant on employee

meyer location pharmacy mejer pharmacy # 198

employee name (PAMELA)

Based on todays experence

you have a employee named pamela she is always very nasty & rude towards me when called on the phone & when i pic k my meds at u store she has a very nasty attitude towards me all the time she is very un friendly & not help fully at all she does not know how to do her job at all you need to talk to her as of now i will not tolerate this coming from a employee staff member she needs to pull a side & talk to bye upper manger she needs to a professional manner towards me & do her job the right way she likes this all the time & rude & nasty towards me she needs to be a lot more friendly towards me all the time & argue when meds are to pick up pull her a side & have a chat with her as of now!

dated on 4-10-24

-this is a compliant on u employee (PAMELA )

THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR NEEDS TO STOP WITH HER AS OF NOW!

Guest

What is your part in this interaction Snitch?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2515650

One guess to what type of “medicine “ OP picks up.

View more comments (1)
Wanda B Pbf

Verified Reviewer

Store closing prior to closing time

I frequently shop at Myers and noticed that they will stop the customers from coming into the door at 10:45 saying that they close at 11 this is the Myers in Detroit on grand River. This happens several times Ive managed to be leaving the store shopping at 10:50 and they are turning people around at the door saying that they close at 11 and the customers have 10 minutes to at least come through the door even if theyre trying to pick up an emergency item.

Preferred solution: What I would like to get is management to have better control of the store and stop the staff from poorly serving the customers

Lydia C Ork

Charged Twice

Hello! I just wanted to send you a message regarding a recent online shopping order I did. I placed an order on April 11 and was charged the correct amount. However, I was charged the same exact amount again on April 12.

Preferred solution: Full refund

Resolved
Sherri W Hro
map-marker Detroit, Michigan

Resolved: Bad stop by Loss Prevention

Meijer - Bad stop by Loss Prevention
Meijer - Bad stop by Loss Prevention - Image 2
2 LP Agents accused my daughter of shoplifting, chased her out of the store and put their hands on her by gabbing her by the arm and wrists, leaving bruising and marks on her body . NO ONE from Meijer will talk to me about the incident. Lawyering up tomorrow .

Preferred solution: A settlement and an apology

User's recommendation: Do not shophere

Guest

Why did she run if she did not do anything?

Guest

"settlement I hope your daughter is a better woman than you are. You're trying to cash in on an incident that may not have been too far off the mark. Please encourage your daughter to NOT rep ro duce if this is the best your family can create.

Denetra Eyn
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2421962

I agree, it is almost like she is glad this happened to her daughter so she can cash in. I bet if she could get more money she would want her daughter to suffer badly. Maybe she was hoping they broke her daughter's bones or paralyzed her to get more money.

View more comments (2)
raymond b Ese

| map-marker Lincoln, Michigan

Mislabeled meat expiration

Meijer - Mislabeled meat expiration

Purchased a ham on Nov 27th. Label applied to ham by Meijer meat dept stated best by Jan 27th.

When ready to eat ham on Dec 25th, noticed that manufacturer had factory stamped best by Dec 17th. Okay so Ill take it back to store and explain. NO. It was my fault I hadnt eaten ham right after purchase.

Because they mislabeled it, I couldnt return it. Unbelievable that customer no-service desk stated after I drove 30miles from home to nearest Meijer that I had to drive additional 40 miles one way because it wasnt their store that mislabeled it. After 20 minutes and insistence on acting store manager correct it the refund was successfully issued. This should be a non issue situation but had to argue thru 3 levels of employees and 60 mile round trip, 20 minutes at no-service desk,and being told it was my fault for their mislabeling of meat.

I have 5 Walmart and 4 Kroger stores closer than nearest Meijer.

Why I drive past them? Starting to really ask that question!

Loss:

Preferred solution: Complete retraining of staff at Marysville Ohio to represent what service involves. Apology form letter unneeded and only patronizing. Have worked 30 years in retail management and realize how situation should have been handled

User's recommendation: BUYER BEWARE OF EXPIRED MEAT

Danny K Jnf

| map-marker Scio, Michigan

Manager has a problem with me

Hello to whom it may concern, I was at the self checkout when I was ringing my stuff up I heard the lady talk about my bags in the car I told her she could check my bottle bag of cans and she can check my backpack that I had nothing and was not stealing she then asked if I rang up my shoes yet, I said no. When I was finishing up the lady helped me ring up my box of shoes and put them in my cart the manager then came back over and asked about the box of shoes.

She then checked them she then looked at my shoes on my feet and told me that I was stealing that my shoes belong to meijer's, and was told that I had to take off my shoes and give them to her. I told her I walked in with these shoes on, and my pink and gray Nike Air (which Meijer's don't even sell) don't belong to the store. I told her that I needed to catch the bus to get back home and she wanted to check the bottom of my shoes. I let her check the bottom of my shoes and my shoes are clean on the bottom..

It was also a rainy night and my shoes look brand new which they are but they are not of Myers brand. She told me that I had to take off my shoes and give them to her. I refuse to and then she told me that I had to leave her store in 2 minutes or she was calling the cops and not to come back and then I could not finish paying for any of my stuff. I was late for the bus so I just left very upset I also noticed I had cut my finger while I was checking out.

Must have been on some kind of piece of plastic or something from the cart. I then got to the bus and made it and wrap my finger up but could not understand why the lady had a problem with me. I had brought my bottles back to the bottle return a little late, but the bottle guy still took my bottles and wrote me a slip, the same lady who told me I had to take my shoes off. She has a strong accent and is the manager of the U-scan lanes at night time.

I don't know her name but she had a problem with me from the time I walked in. I've also had problems with this lady before as she was talking about her personal business of infection that her husband had and was discussing it very vividly to the other employee to where I could hear. She excused herself at that time but still had a problem with me. The same lady has been harassing me is the one who wanted me to take off my shoes even though I told her she could check the cameras that I walked in with these shoes on, and I'm not taking my shoes off for her.

She told me I'm not allowed back inside Meijer's, but I have done nothing wrong. This is the same lady I made a complaint about who told me to leave my stuff up front inside my cooler that got stolen the day I arrived in Ann Arbor and they did nothing about it. They didn't even contact me back or even look over the cameras about who stole my cooler out of the cart, when it sat right up front atp the Customer service desk. I can't shop at the store now because the lady who wanted my shoes told me I was stealing.I don't know who to contact about this or if I'm allowed back in the store at all, but I know the lady works nights and she does have a problem.

If someone can please contact me back my number is (734)-602-**** or (517)-539-**** email address brittanydiamond82@***.com. If somebody could please give me a call back as to what to do about this lady who was racial profiling me, and assumed that I was stealing when I wasn't..I had $250 to pay for my stuff. Still this lady wanted to harass me from the very start as she walked over two to three times to accuse me. This lady has an accent the black short hair always wears black and works mostly nights at Meijer's in Ann arbor Michigan the one on Jackson road.

Thank you and I need feedback on what to do. It would be very helpful.

Thank you. Danny and Brittany Kuiper.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Lot of assorted items
Cons:
  • Employees not empowered to fix minor issues

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Find another store

Charles H Sqg

Product

I have been a loyal meijer customer for quite a few decades but now im debating on whether or not to find somewhere else to do my shopping. It seems like this company keeps getting rid of different products and filling the gap with useless items.

I have watched your fishing and hunting section dwindle down to almost nothing, the same with the automotive section as well. Ive seen your hardware section pretty much completely disappear over the years as well. But today I broke my wrist watch moving some furniture around for my mom (who actually retired from your adrian michigan store). I went to your store just to find out that you do not carry watches anymore!

I remember back in the late 70's, my mom bought me my first watch from meijer, but not any more. It also seems like every week when I do my shopping that I have to literally hunt down any products that I might need because items have been relocated either to another section in the same shelf or moved to another area all together. I'm sorry but i usually go hunting out in the woods, not the store.

I always believed that meijer was a department store, but not anymore. Please stop moving stuff around and for the love of God please stop eliminating items

Preferred solution: Stop moving items around and stop eliminating items

Guest

" I remember back in the late 70's' That explains it...You're OLD and still think that the people of today want to buy the junk you used to think was cool. Here it is Chuck, the little business that you and other other old coots provide means nothing compared to the business the younger more mobile people give.

Stores are moving forward and leaving you behind. Instead of whining and pining for the old days, move on and find somewhere else to shop.

Josh Y Mwu

| map-marker New Albany, Ohio

I've called every number suggested and followed the guidelines written for lost or stolen cards.

Meijer - I've called every number suggested and followed the guidelines written for lost or...
Meijer - I've called every number suggested and followed the guidelines written for lost... - Image 2
Meijer - I've called every number suggested and followed the guidelines written for lost... - Image 3
I've spoken to about every possible number available today and achievers says only meijer can restore the card because it was a meijer gift card purchased through the app.

User's recommendation: Buy electronic gift cards only

DionneK G

| map-marker Detroit, Michigan

Poor customer servise

Store is a catastrophe in waiting. It location is in a predominantly black neighbor hood, has one entry/exit door, mass shooting and other disturbances will turn that place into a killing floor.

User's recommendation: Be alert, be wary

Resolved
Laura H Kuo

| map-marker Taylor, Michigan

Resolved: Complimenta staff member at Meijer's in Lincoln park mich

Updated by user Jan 22, 2024

Awesome guy Drake Thanks again.

Original review Jan 22, 2024
I'm surprised it didn't show up but I am calling or writing to compliment Drake he was absolutely wonderful last night My sister and I were there and he was so funny and so kind and he was very nice even though we were the last people there and we were kind of a handful Thank you Drake for being such an awesome person Thank you Laura Hooper and Tiffany Metesh
Pros:
  • All pros

Preferred solution: Awesome hard workers thank you for your service

User's recommendation: Go to Taylor Meijers awesome people

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article