3.1
Layout of Store

Recently went there during a peak time and, of course, they had hardly any people running the checkout lanes. I went to the self checkout.

It was not recognizing items and also not recognizing them being in the bag. I looked around and 5 other people had similar issues. We all had the red light come on notifying the store employee to come help us. This wasn't user error; the machines were screwing up.

The lady (who was nice) came up and canceled out my order. In doing so, she took away my $13 Mperks credit. She said it would show up when I rang up my items again. It didn't.

I went to the customer service desk. They refused to help me. All they had to do was look up my receipt and give me the credit or the money. They said I had to call the customer service number.

I did this later that night. The lady (again very nice) saw the problem when she looked up my account (as the canceled order receipt was there showing the lost credit). She said she put a credit back on my account for the $13. However, when I went to the store again it never showed up.

I looked back on my Mperks account and didn't see it there. So, lost $13 and wasted about 30 or more minutes dealing with customer service at the store and online.

I didn't like: Lanes are never open when busy.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 28, 2017.

Comments

h.kitchener

As a loyal Meijer customer for over 30 years, I have noticed a definite decline in their ability to stock and identify prices for items and also the seemingly inability to have adequate lanes open for checkout. All in all, we now go to Kroger and, sad to say Walmart for the majority of our shopping to avoid the frustration and hassle of the "new" Meijer.

Kroger has a good and interesting digital coupon program. Check it out.

The Meijer MPerks program is problematical as is their Pharmacy site. Time to move your business elsewhere.