3.6
Layout of Store

My daughter and I went to the Bakery to order a cake for my grand-daughter's birthday.Michelle (Birch Run, MI) did not know any of the answers to our questions.

She just kept telling us to call back in a few days and talk to the girl who actually makes the cake. I feel that an employee who is supposed to be taking orders for cakes should know more about the process. One week later, we were back to order another cake for my daughter's work party. Michelle again waited on us.

We were wanting a "pun" written on the cake so my daughter spelled the pun word. Michelle said "did you think I needed a spelling lesson?" My daughter told her that that was rude but she just shrugged. My daughter than asked that another employee wait on us. Michelle stormed off and got someone else.

The other employee apologized but my daughter was crying from Michelle being so rude to her.

I do not believe that Michelle should work in the Bakery Dept.but in another department where she doesn't have contact with customers.

Review about: Meijer Bakery Department.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: It is conveniently located.

I didn't like: Customer service in the bakery department.

Had an Experience with Meijer?

Comments

h.kitchener

Oh, Lordy the inhumanity of it all---someone being rude to a child. How will she cope in life now? Lady, grow up.

to h.kitchener #1376595

My daughter is 36 and was ordering a cake for her employees. I am all grown up and want and expect good customer service from the places I shop at.