Good Afternoon,

I recently visited your location in Indianapolis at Pike Plaza yesterday evening. I arrived around 10:30pm & was in search of finding an Xbox location. I chose Meijer because I am a frequent customer, its 24 hours, & I love the convenience with it being so easily accessible.

Upon entering the electronics department, I observed that the controllers were secured with a lock. So I found an associate that was the aisle over & politely asked if he would unlock the controller, & or notify someone to assist me; so I could make my purchase & return home promptly.

The associate, Charlie F., gave an impertinent reply that “the bank is closed, go home unless you have key yourself…I am not getting it”. I had to recollect myself to make sure what I heard was correct. I asked him again, he gave the same response reinforcing to go home & that he was not going to unlock it. I replied, “Sir. How could you not have a key & how can the Electronics Department be locked yet the store is 24 hours? Please call your manager”. He gave me a blank stare & ignored my request, & went back to putting things away. Again, I said “sir, call your manager or a manager so I may speak with them”. He glanced at me then continued to ignore me.

So, I went to the front of the store to seek some resolution. Fortunately, the associates in the front were much more affable & 1 of the ladies educated me that it may not make sense to the customer- but the Electronics department does close early, yet she will call a manager for me. I thanked her.

Very promptly, Slyvester, met me back in the Electronics & apologized for the wait (which he was very quick in coming back & met me simultaneously). He displayed excellent customer service, & unlocked the xbox controller so I could purchase it. Ironically, Charlie F. now wants to come in the aisle he refused to assist me in & just gave a very rude stare the entire time as if I was breaking a law or attempting to steal.

Not only did Charlie ridicule me, he made me felt I was being profiled as his eyes did not leave my location as I viewed to see if there were any other accessories I wanted to purchase that were not locked, as Slyvester took the xbox to the front of the store. I just found it ironic, he would not make eye contact with me or help for any resolution, but when someone else resolved it, & I was minding my business shopping…he now has his eyes secured in my every direction.

It is unfortunate, because I do love Meijer & typically have great experiences & service. Yet, this situation make me reevaluate to shop at due to Charlie making me feel ostracized. Not only was his attitude & customer service horrible, his rude remarks & refusal to contact a manager were totally unprofessional & unacceptable.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. This person is overall dissatisfied with Meijer and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Meijer.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Food Stores category for more informed decision or compare Meijer to other companies on our site.

Comments